We are delighted that you are considering training to teach in a local Bury school with Bury Teaching Schools Alliance. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
What Are We Looking For?
We are looking for inspiring, knowledgeable and ambitious trainees who are passionate and enthusiastic about teaching to make a real difference to young peoples' lives and futures. If this is you, and you have the following attributes, we want to hear from you!
- The confidence and ability to engage with children
- Commitment to excellence in education
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- A commitment to working hard
- An ability to establish good working relationships
- Commitment to a professional team
- Flexibility - a crucial characteristic that is vital in this active and constantly changing climate
Why Choose Us?
- We offer placements in local Bury schools where you make the difference to local children
- All of our schools offer experienced mentors who are ready to support you and welcome you as a member of staff from the outset
- We provide you, in addition to what is offered by MMU, an extensive CPD programme delivered by Local, National and Specialist Leaders of Education
- Our team are dedicated to providing the best training from the very start of your teaching journey and will support you throughout the programme
- We support you not to just train, but to enter the teaching profession as an NQT, equipped with the relevant skills to begin your successful teaching career - 100% of our 2016 - 2017 Primary and Secondary School Direct trainees secured employment for September 2017
What Have Previous Trainees Said About Training with BTSA?
- BTSA team have been extremely approachable, helpful and informative.
- The training sessions were brilliant and the alliance is supportive
- The BTSA team were always available for support when asked.
- Training sessions were excellent; communication was fantastic, team highly supportive
- Super CPD sessions, very informative and structured and have been so useful.
What Do You Need To Apply?
If you have what we are looking for, and we sound like the right people to nurture and release your potential, then we would welcome your application to train to teach with us.
If you are unsure about whether you meet the below entry criteria please contact us on 0161 766 1597 (option 4) or by email: BTSA@bury.gov.uk
All applicants must have a degree. For those applying for Secondary, the degree modules must be at least 50% relevant. You may still apply if you do not fulfil this criteria, however you may be required to complete a Subject Knowledge Enhancement course and we will advise you of this. If we require you to complete an SKE then this would need to be completed before enrolling to train to teach with us.
A 2:1 is preferred but a 2:2 would be considered if an applicant has sufficient school experience.
Applicants must hold GCSE English, Maths Grade C or above and Science if applying for Primary.
For Secondary places, at least two weeks school experience must be completed.
For Primary places, three weeks experience is required, at least, before the start of the course.
Experience must be gained in a UK school, and if required, we can help you to arrange this to suit your needs.
All applicants must also take and pass the English and Maths skills tests.
How to Apply:
Applications to begin training with us in September 2018 can be made on UCAS from 26th October 2017 (date to be confirmed).
We are excited to be able to offer a number of new courses for September 2018 and will be updating our website shortly with details and the UCAS codes that you will require.
Bursaries and Loans:
Details about Bursaries and Loans can be found on the Department for Education's website.