Strand 3: Transition from Key Stage 2 to Key Stage 3
Strand 3: Transition between KS2 and KS3
- 17 school (9 secondary and 8 primary) are identified as receiving support.
- As with Strand 2, providers of support come from both within the borough and beyond.
- We are making use of established assessment and surveying products to provide a baseline for disadvantaged pupils transferring to high school, and to track their progress through Y7.
- Primary schools are engaging Year 5 and/ or Year 6 pupils in the project.
- We have established an online community to share ideas and resources for interesting and exciting forms of intervention to support pupils' comprehension skills.
- This term we are planning a significant programme of placements for key secondary staff visiting primary school settings, to help improved provision for disadvantaged pupils.
- Participating Year 6 teachers will also have placements in high schools in the autumn term to complete this process of learning from each other.
- Ongoing development work and support for reading comprehension intervention for disadvantaged pupils in Years 5 - 7.
- Planning for work scrutiny by secondary teachers, of Year 6 work and learning in the summer term.
- Re-assessments of pupils before leaving primary school.
- Planning for Y6 placements in high schools in autumn.